Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Writing Progress

I've been working on the next draft of Alana some more. I've managed to get to the middle of chapter three.

This draft is harder because I'm not just flat out writing stuff. Instead, I'm reading through my previous draft and reworking stuff that needs to be redone. I'm really focusing on descriptions and trying to be more purposeful in them. I'm trying to make them feel more real and less detached. Not an easy task, but I like to think I'm having some success with it.

In other news, I started taking an online writing workshop offered through Writer's Digest University. It covers the basics of fiction writing, so I probably know most of what's going to be covered, but I wanted to take it cause I've not taken many creative writing classes in my life. I figure it might be good to do one on the basics and see what happens. Hopefully it'll be a good experience. And who knows, I might meet some other writers. If it goes well, I might try to take another one next year.

This first week is about description, so I have to turn in a 250 description by Wednesday. Should be fun.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Wednesday, I'll post a list of something. Not sure what yet.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment