Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Book in a Month: Day 6

It was harder to write today than it has been the past few days. I think mostly because it's Saturday and I take a break from everything work/writing related on the weekends. But I made myself write, though I split up the time. I wrote some before I went to the Humane Society (I volunteer there on Saturdays. I walk dogs. :) and the rest after I got home.

Today I got to write my first magic lesson scene. Which I wasn't planning on writing, but I really liked it. I am officially getting to the middle of the book, and that is the hardest part. It's the least concrete. I'm struggling with what exactly I want to keep from the previous draft, while still making it interesting. I think I've figured it out, but I'm not totally sure. I'll let you know.

Anyway, I wrote about magic today. My character is having to learn to use the magic she's been born into, and it's not going to be easy. I'm actually excited about this because I've change my magic system a bit from the original idea. I hope it turns out well, but I'm pretty sure it will.

Now for the numbers:

Pages: 8.1
Total Pages thus Far: 52
Words: 2,672
Total Words thus Far: 16.305

No comments:

Post a Comment