Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Drafting Progress

I didn't get as much written this past week because my hands were acting up. The second draft of First Sight is now at just over 19k words. Not terrible, but not necessarily great.

My goal most days is to get at least one full scene done. If I can, I try to do more like 1.5, but I can't always do that. It depends on how much new material I'm adding in each scene. This past week I added quite a bit to one scene and completely changed the way it ended. When that happens, I don't get as many scenes done, since I've just added to the one I was working on.

I think that's my favorite part of redrafting is finding the places where I can make the story better by adding to it or changing a few things. It's also the hardest part, but it makes it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment