Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

What's Going On with My Draft

This past week I don't think I got as much written as usual. Once more my wrists were bothering me, so writing was difficult. Still, I got a little done each day. My word count is now at 23k. That's 4k words last week. Not bad for bad wrists.

I'm deep into the middle of the book at this point, which is really my least favorite part. Although, currently I'm working on one of my favorite moments between my MC and her mother. It's actually the midpoint of the novel, so a new major revelation is uncovered. Actually, two. One that changes my MC's understanding of her life and one that changes her understanding of the mystery she's working to solve. I can only hope that it comes out as well as I hope it does.

I'm still not utterly in love with the story as a whole, but I'm feeling a little better about it this draft than I was with the first. I think finding Raelin's voice really helped. I'm still worried about the overall plot, but for the most part, the story feels pretty good at this point. We'll see if I still feel that way next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment