Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Adventures in Writing this Week

I wrote query letter. Actually I wrote about three or four, well drafts of the same one. You'd think it'd be easier to write one given that I used to write cover letters all the time. It wasn't. While the idea is similar, the execution is quite different. I don't even want to think about what it's going to be like to write a query for First Sight. At least I've always loved Alana. I can't say the same thing about First Sight.

I don't know how many examples of query letters I looked at. The problem is finding ones for my genre. You'd think with the popularity of YA it'd be easier to find example queries. Apparently more traditional fantasy still isn't huge though. Mostly I found examples for urban fantasy and dystopian. Oh well. I think I got it figured out.

Other than drafting a query letter, I've also begun rewriting First Sight again. It's going okay. Now that I think I have a better idea of how she sounds, I feel like the writing is going more smoothly. Of course, I thought that last time too, and it turned into a pain in the butt. Plus I've only gotten a few pages done since I was really busy with Easter week last week. Hopefully I'll get the chance to do some more writing on it this week.

Sorry this post is a little less focused than usual. I wasn't really sure what I should write about. Hopefully I'll have a better focus next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment