Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

30 Things: Question 7

7. What is your dream job, and why?

To be a YA fantasy author. Also a stay-at-home mom and wife.

I love stories and I love books. Growing up, I read voraciously and, sadly, there were very few good books for teenagers. Most of the books that were available weren’t so great. At some point, I realized that I wanted to write the stories I longed to read. Books meant so much to me that I wanted to write books for teens that weren’t as consumed with worldly messages. I wanted good clean books that I wouldn’t have to hide from my parents. So that’s what I want to write. I want to publish YA fantasy in the secular market that have a basis in my faith without being too preachy.

I also realized a few years ago that I really want to stay at home and raise the kids my husband and I will someday have. I long to be a part of their lives, caring for them and giving them a safe place to return to when the storms of this world buffet them. I want to give them a firm foundation to live out their lives from. I want to care for my family and my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment