Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

30 Things: Question 9

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

1. My parents. Technically two separate people, but they both had a big impact on me. The biggest was probably introducing me to my faith by having me in church every Sunday.
2. My childhood friend Helen. She was probably my first best friend and she was one of the first connections I made after my family moved to Missouri. She helped this place start to feel like home.
3. My brother Tim. He was my best friend from birth and without him I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have become a writer. He helped me create some of my first worlds and inspired me to create stories in ways that books couldn't. He's still one of my best friends and a source of much encouragement.
4. My youth pastor Tim Ward. He was one of my first shepherds in my faith and really helped cement my beliefs.
5. My former best friend Rachel. While we aren't friends anymore, while we were in high school she is one of the reasons I didn't feel completely alone or abandoned. She helped me make it through a pretty rough period in my life.
6. One of my leaders at church, Lynn. She was a welcome encouragement during high school and also helped me get through that very rough period.
7. My college pastor Brad. He was always an encouragement, helped strengthen my faith, and provided much needed support during that bad period during early college.
8. My friend Judy. She was a much needed help getting me on the path of recovery and helping me remember the truths I'd learned when I was a kid.
9. My pastor Brian. He's been a friend for a long time and he's be instrumental in helping me recover and rediscover the core of my faith.
10. My Lord and Savior, Christ. Without Him, I wouldn't be who I am. He is my life and without Him, I am nothing. I keep learning that everyday and hope to never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment