Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

30 Things: Question 1

I'm always cautious to reveal too much personal information about myself. Letting people in is scary. That's why I don't say much about me or my life in these posts.

Recently though, I've realized that this isn't the best idea if I actually want people to connect with me. There are things in my past that, while I dislike them, may help you understand me more and may help us connect better. After all, that's what I want my writing to do, so if I can't open up how can I expect my writing to connect to people. So I've decided to try and write posts that are more personal and show you a little more about me beyond just what I'm writing.

I'm going to start by doing a series of 30 posts answering a series of questions about myself. I found this series through a pin on Pinterest on this blog. I liked it so I decided to fill it out. I never thought I'd post the answers, but turns out I am. Go figure.

Okay, let's get started.

30 Things

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.

1. I am a Christian. When I say I’m a Christian, I mean that I believe that Christ is the Son of God who came to earth to live a perfect life and then die before rising again on the third day all because we as humans are broken by sin and can't have a relationship with God without Christ's sacrifice. I also believe in the complete validity of the Bible and a few other things that you can feel free to ask me about.
2. My sense of smell is very weak. I can only identify a few things by smell, and I can only smell things that a very strong or that I am thinking about smelling (i.e. someone says smell this and then sticks something under my nose).
3. I talk to inanimate objects, mostly telling them to stop moving or stop acting stupid.
4. I like to practice talking in non-native accents, especially after I hear someone else speaking with an accent.
5. Over time, I tend to pick up accents and mannerisms of the people I hang out with or spend lots of time around.
6. I am not scared of reptiles, amphibians, or rodents; in fact, I think they are pretty cool.
7. Other than the nickname my family used/uses for me (Kat) and the one only one of my childhood friends uses for me, I didn’t have a nickname until well into college and no one even uses those for me anymore.
8. I love the smell of fresh mulch.
9. I sing along with pretty much any song I know even part of, sometimes despite hating the song/artist.
10. Often if I hear just the title or a few words related to a song, the part I know best will get stuck in my head.
11. I don’t watch R-rated movies and I avoid explicit music and books as much as possible, but I play M-rated video games.
12. I love re-watching shows and movies I’ve already seen.
13. I would rather be half an hour early that a minute late.
14. I never played any sports or instruments in high school or college, nor did I join any clubs, teams, or groups, except senior year of high school when I returned to homeschool choir.
15. I’ve only been out of the country three times in my entire life. Twice to Italy and once to Guatemala.
16. I was 18 before I saw a beach or ocean for the first time.
17. I’ve never been skiing, even when I lived in Colorado for 18 months.
18. Despite being a major klutz who routinely runs into stationary objects, trips walking across flat ground, and falls up and down the stairs, I have only fallen out of a tree once when I was about five. I’ve never fallen off a ladder or off of any other objects I have climbed.
19. I’ve never broken a bone, but have had 20+ stitches and several very bad sprains.
20. I'm a major introvert. And I'm kind of shy. No those aren't the same thing.

There you go. Come back next week for number 2.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment