Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

30 Things: Question 2

2. Describe three legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

1. Never accomplishing my goals.
I am something of a procrastinator, so I worry that I will never get my act together and actually accomplish my goal of becoming a published author. I fear that I’ll keep finding a way to put off doing the things that I need to in order to get published.

2. Failure.
I fear failing at whatever I try to do. I’m scared that if I try something, I will wind up being horrible at it and making a fool of myself. This probably stems from my childhood and the fact that perfection was expected of me in everything and since I couldn’t be perfect, my failures were often pointed out without bothering to point out when I had actually gotten something right.

3. Abandonment
I am scared that those closest to me will at some point get tired of me or realize that they never really liked me to begin with and leave. This probably stems from the fact that this has happened to me on several occasions, and usually right about the time I was really starting to trust the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment